list Checking Account Features
While specific benefits might vary from checking account to checking account, each account type gives you access to features like Debit Cards, Direct Deposit, Online Bill Pay and Overdraft/Courtesy Pay. See below for more details.
creditcard Debit Cards
Whether you choose the UKFCU Checking Account, Smart Checking for Students or Senior Freedom Checking, all new checking accounts come with a UKFCU debit card. Your new debit card (which comes in nine different designs) will allow you to withdraw funds or check your account balance at any time.
Your debit card can be used like a credit card but draws directly from your checking account. As a Visa card, your debit card offers fraud protection and Verified by Visa for additional online security. What's more is that UKFCU members have fee-free access to over 65,000 ATMs nationwide through Co-op, Alliance One and Allpoint.
Debit card features include:
- Instant-issue at all branches
- Pick one of our nine different debit card designs
- Use anywhere Visa is accepted
- Cash withdrawal from participating retailers
moneybag Direct Deposit
Save time on payday with direct deposit at UKFCU. Have your payroll check directly deposited in your UKFCU account for immediate access to your funds. It’s easy to set up direct deposit, and you’ll save time you might have spent taking your paycheck to the bank. Plus, your money is available right away, when you need it!
Benefits of adding Direct Deposit:
- Direct deposit is safer than traditional paper checks, reducing the risk of fraud or theft
- Access your payroll funds the same day you get paid
- Combine with our Mobile and Online Banking to check your account balance, transfer funds and even pay bills
- Send money to both your Checking and Savings Accounts
Set up Direct Deposit in 3 Easy Steps!
1. Find the UKFCU routing number (hint, it's 242176129).
2. Find your UKFCU account number by logging into Online or Mobile Banking and selecting "Account Number".
3. Find an HR Professional or Payroll Administrator at your employer and ask them to assist you in finding the form or webpage to update your Direct Deposit to UK Federal Credit Union! Alternatively, click here for UK, EKU, KCTCS and Social Security direct deposit forms.
shoponline Online Bill Pay
Simplify your finances with Online Bill Pay. With Online Bill Pay, you no longer have to worry about writing checks, sending bills on time or losing checks in the mail. Using your online checking account, it’s simple, secure and guaranteed.
Online Bill Pay lets you:
- Receive and pay your bills online
- Keep track of all your bills in one place
- Track the status of your bills
- Schedule recurring payments
- View your payment history
Sign up for Online Bill Pay in a Few Easy Steps!
- Log into Online Banking.
- Under the Bill Payment menu item, select "Pay by Check (ACH)."
- Please read and accept the terms of agreement.
- Select the account you would like to enroll in Online Bill Pay.
- Start adding payees and payments.
And that's it! Now you are ready to use our online Online Bill Pay.
We invite you to take advantage of all the fantastic products and services UKFCU offers, including our Courtesy Pay Program, which offers you protection in the event of an accidental overdraft. In addition to Courtesy Pay, we encourage all checking account holders to authorize Overdraft Protection from their other UKFCU accounts, which may include savings, money market savings, and our revolving line of credit loans (Courtesy Pay and Overdraft fees apply).
Courtesy Pay and Overdraft Protection are convenient services designed to protect our checking account holders from experiencing the frustration, embarrassment, and additional costs of declined transactions or returned checks due to insufficient funds.
Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual, discretionary overdraft service available to eligible checking account holders based on their account activity and history. If you are eligible for Courtesy Pay, we may approve overdrafts on your account within your current available Courtesy Pay limit. In addition, a second level of protection is for ATM and debit transactions. According to federal regulations, you must request the Courtesy Pay for ATM. The opt-in form can be found online or ask a representative at UKFCU. We recommend this additional coverage to protect you from unseen emergencies.
To learn more about the new Courtesy Pay Program, call us at 859.264.4200 or stop by one of our six locations.